Friday 17 October 2014

A lunchtime treat...

Sophie and I had today off work but I hadn't planned on sitting with Mikey in the doctor's surgery for almost an hour first thing! We'd made an appointment as he kept saying his back was hurting and when we eventually went in to see the doctor, he explained that Mikey had jarred the muscles in his back from playing either football or rugby and the only thing he could do was rest and not play for a few weeks.

Keith was also in the surgery having a blood test so he took Mikey back to school while I went off home to get ready for a shopping trip to Milton Keynes with Sophie. Our first stop when we arrived was a drink in Costa Coffee and I treated myself to a chocolate pastry as I hadn't had any breakfast yet.

After our refreshment stop, we headed to M&S  where I bought myself a new outfit for my dinner party tomorrow. The shop was full of Christmas gifts yet it was about 20c outside! I'm just not ready to even think about all that yet and I said again to Sophie that all mention of Christmas should be banned until at least the end of November!

After M&S we headed to River Island where Sophie bought a "Monty" bag - a handbag that was the same shade of fur as Monty-cat. I then managed to dissuade her from buying yet more jewellery in Accessorize and we headed off to New Look for a quick rummage before taking our bags back to the car and walking to - where else? - Las Iguanas! Sophie was very kindly treating me to lunch which was lovely!

It was still very warm (unseasonably warm in my opinion!)  but we sat inside the restaurant and Sophie ordered herself a Mojito. I stuck to fizzy water, but I did have a sip of Sophie's drink and found it a little tame. She seemed to think so, too and ordered a Caiprinha which was much stronger! As it was Happy Hour, she received two!

For starters we ordered nachos with chicken followed by Fajitas for Soph and a new dish for me, chicken with chorizo. I have to say I was a bit disappointed in my choice as there was hardly any chicken and the taste was lacking. I do a better one at home!

We couldn't resist dessert of Dulce de Leche cheesecake and then it was time to waddle back to the car and return home. On the way we called into Beckworth Emporium where I bought some cheese for tomorrow and a big bag of flour to make bread.

Needless to say we didn't eat again this evening!

No comments: