Wednesday 15 October 2014

Woeful Wednesday!

This morning was a mite stressful - I'm beginning to dread Wednesdays!

Sophie and I were late into work because of the horrendous traffic in Moulton and it's becoming a real problem at the moment. They're building about 150 houses just off the main street which is putting pressure on the school traffic every morning. As well as the building works, there's also temporary traffic lights that hold everything up so it's a real chore, and going an alternative way is just as bad. Even if Mikey took the school bus I'd still have to come this way so there's nothing to do but grit our teeth and look forward to when it's all finished.

Ian, our handyman, came in this morning to fix some lights that weren't working but he wanted me to sort him an email address out and had brought his laptop in with him. In between trying to do that I had a delivery for a neighbour which arrived on a huge lorry and had to be manhandled into our Reception area. Just after this was off-loaded our own Booker delivery came and it was all hands on deck to put it away before Sophie disappeared off on her driving lesson!

Then, Keith and Ian sat in the office and started an order with Matalan, for Ian's wife. I wanted Keith to keep an eye on Reception for me as I was running backwards and forwards like a mad thing, trying to help Polly serve, wash up, clear tables and try and do some of my own work! In the end I insisted that Keith look after the Reception desk for me and Ian went home, still looking confused about accessing his new email address!

Luckily calm was restored when Sophie arrived back from her driving lesson and took over for us. We went off to Jones's to get some bits for work and some sundae dishes for my dinner party on Saturday night.

When we got back Ian arrived again and stood in the office with us for almost an hour, which I found very annoying! Sometimes I feel like our office is a smaller version of Piccadilly Circus as everyone and anyone wanders in whenever they feel like it! No matter that we may be in the middle of a private conversation or have things on our desk that are confidential! After a while I urged Keith to go home as Mikey was due back from school and thankfully, peace reigned!

We left work at just after 6pm and the weather had turned stormy, with torrential rain and winds. It was bliss to get home, light the candles and relax!

No comments: