Tuesday 14 October 2014

Problems, problems!

This morning, when Polly arrived at work and told us about the problems she'd had with staff over the weekend, I felt like getting in my car and driving off, never to return! She ranted for about ten minutes before starting work so, as you can imagine, we all felt a bit miserable by the time she'd said all she wanted to say!

I refused to let myself get down about the niggles though, and by lunchtime, we'd sorted quite a few of the problems out. I phoned a woman we'd interviewed last week and arranged for her to start work on Saturday and we also ordered thirty new chairs as Polly said that customers were complaining they had nowhere to sit.

After sorting it all out I took myself off to Tesco to get some wine. I have a new favourite called The Dark Horse, a Cabernet Sauvignon from California, so I went to buy a few bottles for the weekend and to get some ice-cream for work, which I promptly forgot! I ended up having to go to the small Co-op in the village which was full of students buying their lunch. I have too much on my mind at the moment!

Sophie and I were at work until late today and when we arrived home Keith was just taking our evening meal of pizzas out of the oven...I was supposed to have prepared some potato wedges to go with them and I had a feeling I should have bought some salad in Tesco earlier. It wasn't the most interesting of meals and after Keith and Mikey had gone off to Army Cadets and a football match, Sophie and I drove to the nearest shop to buy some ice-cream! Naughty!

No comments: