Tuesday 28 October 2014

Getting ready for Halloween!

It's been another gorgeous day today, with warm temperatures, lots of sunshine and blue skies. The trees look beautiful outlined against the sky and the leaves are really turning now.

Work was pleasantly busy and Sophie and I managed to escape to the bank and New Look for an hour, which was nice. I certainly enjoy having her company at the moment and I'll miss that when she finds herself a full-time job!

Keith brought Mikey in at about 3pm as the children and I had a dentist appointment at 4.30pm. He came to the dentist with us, which was just a straightforward appointment, and then we drove to a costume hire shop a short distance away to hire a Gangster outfit for Mikey who is going to a Halloween party on Friday. I also need a Greek costume for the first of the Come Dine With Me parties on Saturday night. As expected, the shop was very busy with people trying on outfits for the forthcoming celebration so I decided to leave looking for my outfit for another day.

Mikey looked great in his gangster clothes, though! He tried on a suit with a waistcoat and a black trilby hat and really looked the part! He bought a toy gun and holster so he's all set for Friday!

Driving home at 5.30pm in the dark was not pleasant - I know that the darker nights are inevitable but it still comes as a shock when we lose that hour of daylight!

No comments: