Saturday 1 November 2014

Dressing up!

The phone went at 9am this morning and I groaned because it could only be work...Paula, our weekend manager had called as she couldn't find out big party diary and thought it had been locked in our office...

Keith and I drove into work and went straight to the office but it wasn't there. To my intense annoyance, the diary was in the kitchen and why Paula hadn't thought to ask Maureen first, I'll never know. Of course, the crows had seen me drive in and were waiting for me on the roof of the building so I had to take them some food. An unexpected treat for them, then!

We drove home and I spent the rest of the morning cleaning the house. As usual, there were masses of leaves outside our back door so I swept them all up but when I went out again they were all creeping back...damn things!

In the afternoon, Sophie and I went to Market Harborough to do some shopping. I wanted to buy a bottle of Greek wine in Duncan's shop for the Come Dine With Me dinner tonight and I was delighted to find some wine from the island of Paros. I've been there twice but Mum and Dad try and go every year so I bought a bottle of white wine to try and another bottle of a different wine to take tonight. I was spoilt for choice!

We had a lovely time shopping and then it was home to get ready for my transformation into Nana Mouskouri! I had a bath, pinned my hair up and then Sophie did my make-up, emphasising my eyes with heavy black eyeliner. When I put the wig and glasses on and dressed in a floaty black trouser suit I felt I looked the part!

Keith and I drove to Andrea's house and we were treated to a show of fireworks the whole way. I expect there'll be fireworks every night now for a week seeing as Bonfire night is on Wednesday!

Andrea looked brilliant dressed up as a Greek goddess and Lynda arrived also dressed in a toga and looking fantastic! Fiona, though, stole the show, as she'd decided to come as Medusa with vivid green eye make-up, false lashes and snakes in her hair! Brilliant!

Fiona and Lynda

Fiona and I

Andrea looking very glam!
 
We had a lovely meal with pitta bread and hummus to start, followed by Feta and spinach tart. For the main course, Andrea had cooked Moussaka with salad and we finished the meal with Baklava and cream. Delicious!

After we'd eaten we played a game called "Rapidough" where we had to make models out of playdough. Our partner had to guess what we were making and if we lost we had to forfeit a bit of dough. Whoever had the most left, won the game. It was hilarious! I've never laughed so much in my life!




No comments: