Monday 6 October 2014

The return of Autumn!

Today has been really horrible, weather-wise, with winds and almost constant rain. Those lovely sunny summery days are certainly a thing of the past!

We managed to get through today at work without doing any nasty cleaning, although I did hoover the back of the heaters to get rid of some of the dust. I even turned them on and raised the temperature threshold so if tomorrow's horrible again the place will be warm. Brrr!

Sophie and I went to the gym after work and did some moderate exercise. I'm really going to have to increase what I do as although I was pleasantly warm (I did need to use my towel) my heart rate was still on the low side. A man next to me on one of the bikes was dripping with sweat which I think is madness! We rewarded ourselves with a lovely wallow in the jacuzzi (at one point we were the only people in the whole spa) so that was bliss!

Back home I frantically made a Macaroni Cheese before it was time to pick Keith up from the pub. After dinner Sophie and I sat and listened to Ben Howard performing songs from his new album on Radio 1. We're both really looking forward to seeing him live in Berlin next month!

No comments: