Wednesday 8 October 2014

Sophie drives!

Sophie drove for the first time today, a bit of a nerve-wracking experience for both of us!

She went off at 12.30pm with her driving instructor which left Keith and I to cover Reception while she was gone. Luckily the lunchtime rush was over so it was a fairly quiet two hours when she was gone. We didn't have any idea how she would get on, but when she returned she was very excited about learning to drive and enjoyed the whole experience, even though she admitted to stalling the car quite a few times!

Keith went home at 3.30pm and Sophie and I left three hours later. Tonight, the parents who were putting on a party for their daughter did not want to go home and by the time they eventually rounded up the kids, paid and left, the building was so dark I couldn't see properly to cash up! I'd been stubborn in not putting the lights on as we only had about fifteen minutes until we closed, but it sort of backfired on me when I dropped some coins and couldn't find them!

We gave Polly a lift and when we arrived home, Keith was in the middle of cooking a roast chicken dinner. Thank goodness for that! I poured myself a measure of Irish Whiskey and sat with Archie to watch Neighbours while he finished off the dinner. Bliss!

No comments: