Sunday 12 August 2012

Slow and sluggish...

I woke this morning feeling a bit tired! If I have more than a couple of glasses of wine now I don't sleep well at all so this morning, even though I had a lie-in, I felt a little sluggish!

Unfortunately, I had a lot of things that needed doing! My car was filthy, the grass verge outside the house needed cutting and the house really could have done with a good clean! I changed our bed sheets, mowed the verge and took the car to the local Tesco car-wash which did a very bad job, indeed! I had to come home and wash it again!

Sophie was wanting to go to the gym today so we went in the afternoon and I tried to forget about the housework that needed to be done. It was another hot and humid day and I had absolutely no energy at the gym at all! Even getting up the stairs was hard work!

We did our workout, went for a swim and then spent some time in the jacuzzi which was lovely and very soothing on our tired muscles! Then it was off to Mum's house as she wanted us to call in for a piece of birthday cake. I'm glad I went and did something at the gym!

In the evening we watched the Closing Ceremony of the Olympics and I can hardly believe that it's all over now. The last two weeks have whizzed by!

No comments: