Friday 31 August 2012

Alarm bells ring!

I had a bit of drama this morning when the Nursery called to say that the Fire Alarms at work were going off! I'd received a call on my mobile from an unknown number so ignored it, but then they called me again on the Nursery number and this time I answered it, thank goodness!

What had happened was that because this morning was a bit chillier than normal, the heaters had come on and had burnt off some of the dust inside, which had built up over the summer. This had then triggered off the alarms and when I went in, Jeanette had opened three of the doors to let the haze out.

Luckily I managed to turn the alarms off and normal service was resumed! I went home at 9am to get showered as I'd just been about to get into the shower when my phone rang!

Today was a bit quieter as the weather was dry and sunny so it was a good end to a busy week!

In the evening Keith and I went out for a drink, to The Three Cranes in Great Cransley.  It had been ages since we last visited and although the beer wasn't really to Keith's liking, it was a very pleasant, clean and friendly pub with an interesting menu. We may go back for a meal with the children one day!

We had a good chat and then it was home to a Tesco Finest meal. Delicious!

No comments: