Saturday 18 August 2012

Full of beans!

I woke up this morning feeling a lot less tired and looking forward to our workout at the gym, despite the fact that it was very hot indeed. Sophie and I went at just after 11am and the place was lovely and quiet. I borrowed some ear-phones from Sophie and listened to music while I went on the bike, the cross-trainer and the treadmill and I have to say that the music certainly helped!

After our work-out we went for a swim and then had a blissful 20 minutes soaking in the hydro pool, enjoying all the frothy bubbles. We ventured into the sauna for about 2 minutes but neither of us needed any more heat!

When we emerged into the early afternoon the temperature registered 29 degrees in the car! The heatwave is due to last for a couple of days so it looks like I've picked another good week to have off work!

We popped around to Mum and Dad's house for an hour as Dad had treated himself to a new iPad with his savings and hadn't a clue how to connect to the internet, bless him. I managed to get him on and then Sophie helped him transfer all his photos from his computer to his new toy as she is the expert with the i things!

Back home it was bliss to stretch out on the sofa with the fan full on me!

No comments: