Friday 10 August 2012

Granny visiting.

Mum and I went off to Kent today to see Nan so we spent much of a very hot day in an air-conditioned car, thank goodness, as the temperatures reached 32 degrees centigrade in the afternoon! Phew!

We had a good run down and I listened to Jeremy Vine's lunchtime radio show with interest as they were debating whether the BBC was focusing too much on Team GB's success in the Olympics. I'm of the opinion that we should big ourselves up as much as possible - why on earth shouldn't we?? I'm very proud that we've done so well and I know that the other countries would only be concentrating on the success of their own athletes!

We had a relaxed afternoon and I did manage to watch some of the BMX event which looked terrifying! I just kept waiting for ET to make an appearance!

On the way home we discovered that the queues for the Dartford Tunnel were so long they'd suspended all charges to enable the traffic to get through more quickly! I'd never heard of them doing this before! Not wanting to wait 45 minutes to get through the jams we decided to head for the Blackwall Tunnel instead, but we were a bit worried about the traffic as this route takes us right past the Olympic Park.

However, although it was a little sticky on the approach, the traffic was fine and we saw several official Olympic cars on the road using the reserved lane. It would have been great to have seen someone famous sitting in one!

No comments: