Thursday 23 August 2012

Exam results day...

It was a very nervous drive to the school this morning to pick up Sophie's GCSE exam results! I wasn't allowed into the school with her (not cool) so I had to sit in the car and watch the other pupils coming out, some of whom were crying.

When Sophie came back to the car she didn't look very happy, the reason being she was very disappointed with her English result. She was predicted an A/A* but achieved a B which I thought was brilliant. She gained As in French, Spanish and History so entrance into 6th form is definitely assured.

When we got home I looked at the news and discovered that there was a huge row about the English results and that for the first time in the history of the GCSE exams, grades have dropped. It looks very much like the examining boards have altered the grade ceilings but never told the teachers who were obviously predicting higher grades for pupils.

Both Keith and I, and my Mum and Dad, are over the moon with her results, especially as 6th Form is guaranteed. I found my old O Level and CSE exam results and showed her my grades - mostly Cs, one B for English and an E for Geography! Sophie has done far better than me and I don't think I've made a failure of my life!

We went out in the evening to celebrate, to the Chinese restaurant I visited last week with the girls. The place was packed and there were quite a few 16 year olds in there as well! We had a great meal and Sophie is looking forward very much to enrolling in 6th Form tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Done Sophie! Thats brilliant. Bet you're very proud Jane. Cheryl x (she did better than me too)

Janie said...

Thank you Cheryl! xxx