Thursday 16 August 2012

Night out with the girlies!

This evening has been rather hectic. I had an appointment to give blood at 5.20pm and when I arrived I was told they were running a little late which meant that I would have even less time at home to get ready for a meal out with three friends. The blood giving went very smoothly and I rushed home to pick up some food I'd bought for mum and dad who were flying home from three nights in Budapest. Keith and I took that up to their house before I jumped in the shower to wash off the grubbiness of the day (it's been warm and humid again).

My friend from across the road, Sue, was driving, which was lovely and she'd brought a friend of hers with her, Laura, who I had met a couple of times before (we'd been out for an Indian some months ago and she's a lovely, friendly woman).

We then picked up Lynda from her house in the village of Cogenhoe and made our way to the Chinese restaurant that is adjacent to a large outdoor park. It was a beautiful evening but for the first time we were seated well within the restaurant so we couldn't gaze out over the lake. However, the quality and abundance of the food more than made up for our lack of view and we had a very good evening. The food was delicious, and very plentiful, and we each chose several starters and main courses so by the end of the evening we were all stuffed! The three of us who weren't driving enjoyed a bottle of South African Pinotage and we declined desserts!

Back home, everyone was still up and looking at some old photographs on the computer of past holidays which made us all chuckle before we headed to bed at the very late time of midnight!

No comments: