Wednesday 22 August 2012

My poor baby!

This afternoon, after we'd sweated at the gym, Sophie and I had to make a visit to the Orthodontist to get ready for a brace that will be fitted next week. The Orthodontist very quickly and efficiently fitted four rubber bands around Sophie's teeth and then said that before the brace was fitted we would have to make an appointment with our regular dentist to see about a little problem she has with one of her front teeth. As you can imagine, Sophie was not happy!

She became even grumpier when we went to see the therapist about how to clean her teeth after the brace has been fitted. She was told no chewing gum, no popcorn, fizzy drinks as a special treat only and she would be wearing the brace for about 18 months! Oh, and no biting nails!

I did say to her that she didn't need any of the above food or drink and that it would all be worth it in the end, but she's in a mega grump and nothing I could say would appease her. I managed to book a dentist appointment for Friday morning (very early!) and of course it's exam results day tomorrow. I just hope everything goes smoothly!

I persuaded Keith to go for a walk in the early evening even though I'd been to the gym. With all this exercise I should be buying new, smaller clothes very soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olis had his brace for 2 years Jane.Has hardly had any rubbish to drink & no treatment at dentist since either. He doesn't miss it now & realises what junk it is. Its worth it in the end! Cheryl x

Janie said...

Thanks Cheryl! I'm not happy with her love of Dr Pepper so it's all good for me that she'll only be able to drink it occasionally. It's also good as Mikey won't be having any fizzy drinks either! xx