Wednesday 15 August 2012

Life's little irritations...

There have been some strange little things going on at work this week, most of which have been irritating. I find as I get older that I get more annoyed by certain things and this week they seem to have been a daily occurence!

It started on Tuesday morning when the phone at work rang and it was Polly, our Receptionist, calling. She was in a right old state because the previous evening, as she'd been leaving our premises, she'd witnessed a couple having sex in a car right outside the Nursery! I mean, it was 6pm for heaven's sake, a time when the Nursery would normally still be open and when we're open as well! Customers could have been walking past with their children!

She had noticed a car parked right outside the building with the engine running and went to investigate. When she peered through the back window she saw a man's naked bottom, and the rest I shall leave up to your imagination!

When she told me I was speechless with shock. I'm not normally easily shocked but this was beyond the pale. I mean, late at night the area is deserted but at 6pm? I went up to tell the Nursery nurses and asked them to keep their eyes out for any strange cars as I will have no hesitation in reporting them to the police!

Today Keith and I noticed that several panes of glass had been dumped in our car park, which could have caused a problem if they'd fallen over or been hit by a car. This is the second time that we've found rubbish dumped inside our gates so I think it's time we hit back at these fly-tippers who appear to be tradesmen as the waste is industrial. Imagine our shock, then, when we opened our recycling container to find about 40 Yellow Pages, which someone had thrown in there!  I called Yellow Pages who seemed very laid back about the whole situation despite the fact that they'd paid someone to deliver them!

The next irritation came from a woman whose daughter has a disability and who visits us, free of charge, most weeks on a Tuesday. A car arrived very early so I went out to see who it was and discovered that it was the little girl's physiotherapist who had arranged to meet her. I had no knowledge whatsoever of the visit yet I'd already asked the mother to let us know when she was coming so we would be ready. As they come along well before we open to the public and come in at no cost, I don't think a courtesy call is too much to ask. Well, I was hopping mad at this and growled at Keith that it would be lovely if the mother could buy some chocolates for the staff every now and again to say thank you! Grrrrr!

So, it has been a week of little niggles, but today is our Wedding Anniversary and we've been married 20 years! We had no plans to go out and bought a Tesco Meal Deal to celebrate, which was delicious. With a couple of glasses of a good French Grenache, all the little petty niggles just melted away and we had a very relaxed evening with the children!

No comments: