Friday 3 August 2012

Is today the 13th?

It certainly felt like it!

We were busy at work again today and for some reason, the noise really got to me by mid afternoon. Although we weren't terrifically busy, the people we did have in seemed to revel in making a mess everywhere!

I escaped for half an hour to go to the launderette to take all of our kitchen washing and I think I've been done for speeding again... There was a van parked and although I was a fair distance away when I saw him, I was doing well over 30mph so I'm not very pleased. I blame myself entirely but there you go. There seem to be speed cameras everywhere at the moment so from now on I will really have to concentrate on keeping to the limit to avoid getting any more points on my licence.

When I got back to work I helped out in the kitchen and then Polly rushed in to ask me to cover Reception as a child had had a poopy accident in the ballpond and it needed to be cleaned up. Poor Polly! She always gets the good jobs, although I did help her to wash the balls when she'd gathered them all up. Not the nicest of jobs!

To cap it all, one of our best workers has given in her notice as she's found a full-time job so now we have to look for a weekend cook, one of the hardest jobs to fill. Ho hum!

Sophie and I were going to go to the gym straight after work, but we were both hot, sweaty and tired and I felt totally fed up so I'm ashamed to say we went home, I had a long hot shower and then we watched a very silly film called The Chameleon on television.

We will make up for it tomorrow!

No comments: