Wednesday 8 August 2012

Not a good day!

**Whinge alert** Don't read on if you hate whingeing!!

Today has not been good. It started when Keith got into the shower after me and no water came out (well, just a dribble). My shower had been fine so we were both very perplexed and the other shower and taps were all working fine. The poor man had to dodge from our ensuite shower to the main bathroom to rinse off all the soap!

I then left for work in my car and later found out that Keith's car wouldn't start, although he did manage to get it going in the end. Hmmm! He was not very pleased!

My morning coffee was missing the milk (the canister was empty in the machine) and then I received a phone-call from a very irate customer who'd been to us the day before and was complaining that it was too hot. I listened to her rant on for almost 15 minutes and said that because our building was old and had glass in the roof, it did get hot in the summer, although we try and do our best to alleviate the heat for customers. She went on and on and even mentioned that she'd taken her son to A&E with suspected meningitis (how could we cause that, I wonder?) and I just get the feeling that the woman wanted to vent her anger at me rather than expect me to actually do anything! Helicopter mothers, I think they are called! Women who constantly hover over their children in a permanent state of nervousness!

Things calmed down for a little bit after that although when Keith and I went to Tesco they mucked up our grocery bill by over-charging us almost £8.00 on their meal deal. It was all very complicated so I won't go into details but I think customers need to have eyes like a hawk to ensure they pick the right products for the right deal!

Keith left for the day at around 2pm and when he got home he called me to say that my suspicions about my impending speeding fine were correct - I'd been caught doing 38mph so it'll mean a £60 fine and three points on my lovely clean licence. I am not very happy...

As I was sitting at my desk contemplating all this, the Manager from the Nursery popped her head around the door to say that they'd got an infestation of ants in one of the rooms and what could I do about it? Grrrr! I took a look and said that I would call our very efficient pest control man who would sort it out in the morning! No way was I going to try and eradicate a swarm of ants!

On my way back to the office I met Polly who told me that a customer had said the mens' toilets floor was covered in water so up I went with her to investigate and it looked like a couple of little darlings had been busy filling a container and then watering the floor for us! I spent the next 20 minutes mopping up all the mess and then it was time to go home - thank goodness!!

We'd planned to go for a walk after work but it was hot so we settled on a trudge into the village to see Mum and Dad in the hope they would offer us a drink and we could have a whinge at them but they had the audacity to be out, although we did meet them on the way back home and gave them the short version of our day!

Luckily that was the end of the badness as we had a delicious dinner, a couple of glasses of good South African Chenin Blanc and watched an intriguing film called Justice!

No comments: