Tuesday 14 August 2012

Christmas? Already?

Yes, the first signs have already appeared! Keith and I went off to Jones's today to get some stationery for work and there they were - a shelf of Christmas cards in amongst the reduced garden furniture. Grrr! I say there should be a law against it! I mean it's not even really the middle of August yet! Who wants to think about an event that's still four months away?

It's been hot today as well - well, I think it's hot and the temperature registered 27 degrees in the car. Sophie and I had packed our bags for the gym but we went for a swim in the pool as I really couldn't face getting any hotter on the machines. We swam steadily for half an hour and finished off our visit with a dip in the hydro pool which was bliss!

Back home I relaxed in the garden with Keith and then we barbecued. As usual Monty cat joined us and I could tell he was feeling the heat too, as he kept flopping about and looking at me as if to say, "Phew it ain't half hot, mum!"


No comments: