Wednesday 29 August 2012

Nightmare day!

If I thought yesterday morning was stressful, I certainly hadn't reckoned on today! We had a combination of extremely wet and windy weather and two lunchtime parties which made for a manic and chaotic day. Both Mum and I abandoned any office work we had to do and helped out in the kitchen, serving customers, washing up and clearing tables amidst an unbelievable amount of noise!

One of the parties had blowers as well, which made a tremendous racket and by mid afternoon my ears were ringing with the noise and the constant demands from the public. It seemed that every time I went out to clear a table someone asked me for something! Arrrrgggh!! We had moany customers demanding to know when their food orders would be ready even though they could see us all rushing around working as hard as we could!

To cap it all Sophie had a dentist appointment at 2.30pm to have her brace fitted which she didn't enjoy at all. It took about half an hour to be done and I can honestly say she hates it! By the time work was over she was already saying that her teeth ached and that biting into food was painful. 

As you can imagine I really couldn't wait to get home and all plans to go to the gym were put off until tomorrow!

No comments: