Sunday 31 January 2010

Last day...

I can't believe January has gone so quickly! But it's been lovely to keep track of everything that's happened this month and taking a photo every day has been an enjoyable challenge.

Today has been very relaxed and we even managed to potter around in the garden as it's been dry and sunny, albeit very cold. We had a small snow flurry this morning and they have forecast more, but I don't think it will be anything like it was earlier in the month

Soph and I went over to Pitsford in the afternoon to feed the birds some old bread we had and for me to take some photos of the lake at sunset. I noticed a man taking shots of an old building and then we saw another photographer when we stopped near Walgrave. He had all the equipment and looked very serious about it!

In the evening I popped over to Sarah and Liam's to share two of my Talisker bottles. In the past, Liam's given me a chance to try some of his Meerlust wine from South Africa so I thought I would return the favour with someone who appreciates a good whisky! The Talisker went down very well, as did one he opened, an Auchentoshan, so we had a very pleasant hour chatting and sipping some good whisky.

Back home to a delicious dinner made an end to a lovely day!

No comments: