Saturday 9 January 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland...


I was awake at 6am today and although I tried to get back to sleep, it was impossible. Outside the snow was falling again, the worst possible day it could fall, business-wise.

Gradually the house awoke and after a quick breakfast, Keith and I drove to Pitsford for a walk. The children weren't keen on coming so stayed at home. We had a lovely walk, although at first I thought we were going to be stuck in a blizzard! Huge white clouds rolled in over the Nature reserve and it was bitterly cold as the wind swept across the causeway.

There were a few people out - some hardy joggers and a couple of dog walkers and it was wonderful to be out in the fresh air and gazing at the stunning views. Naturally, I took loads of photos!

We followed the shore for a little way then returned to the car over the fields with the last few hundred yards skirting the shore of the Nature reserve...which reminds me...we must renew our permit!


We really enjoyed our little excursion and Keith felt great which was a huge relief. On the way home we stopped at Scaldwell and I snapped a photo of the church, something I've been meaning to do every time I drive past.

The rest of the day was quiet, but enjoyable. The snow continued to fall in fits and starts but it really hasn't got much deeper. The birds were constant visitors to the buffet with a few new ones joining the mix.

We found time to have a few games of cards in the afternoon and I wiped the board, beating Sophie and Keith every time! Let's just hope my luck continues!

We're off to dinner with Sue and Paul tonight and it's great not to have to think about what we're having to eat and then clearing up.

I must try and resist the wine!

No comments: