Tuesday 12 January 2010

Simple Pleasures

I love the feeling I get when I know that after work we have nothing planned and I can go home and just relax. Monday nights are always busy so it's lovely on a Tuesday to get home, get changed and play a game of cards. Before we changed it around, our dining room table was in the conservatory but it's been so cold lately (and we have a Scalextric track set up) that we moved it back into the proper dining room which was just being used as a study/dumping ground. It's been very cosy in there with the curtains drawn but I do miss being outside, inside, (if you know what I mean!) and gazing up at the blue sky through the glass roof. Once the weather warms up, we'll move it back. Nothing beats breakfast out there on a sunny Sunday morning with a stack of weekend papers to read and the crossword to catch up on and the smell of freshly made coffee.

Tonight it was cold and windy so it was lovely to close all the doors and have a game of cards with a drink. My long running luck gave out tonight and Keith beat me twice...!


No comments: