Friday 1 January 2010

New Year's Day


It was a welcome sight to see the sun shining this morning on the very first day of 2010 (it's going to take a bit of time to get used to writing that!).

I ushered my reluctant family out of the door and over to the Cotswolds for the day. My car is playing up very badly at the moment. It keeps telling me that I have a fault with my brakes (!) so mum and dad very kindly lent me their Mondeo which was lovely.

We drove over to Shipston-on-Stour via Banbury and as it was lunchtime decided to stop there rather than go on to Moreton-in Marsh. However, despite the free parking (now I know why!) there wasn't a great deal to see so we ended up in Moreton-in-Marsh anyway.

Lunch was at a very good hotel - the Redesdale Arms...

http://www.redesdalearms.com/


I chose a local beer - the Hook Norton 12 Days which was delicious! Very dark and bittersweet.

I managed to only take a couple of photos - the one on here is an ornate roof and windvane from a building in the town.

Janie

No comments: