Tuesday 19 January 2010

Visiting Nan

Mum and I drove down to Kent today to see Nan. It was a bit of a late decision as there was no other day this week we could go. The journey down was OK and we spent a pleasant day chatting and doing very little! We did manage to re-instate TCM for her on Sky and I tried to show her how to work her DVD player but I think there's something wrong with it as it was a weird shade of yellow when I managed to get it working!

The journey home was less pleasant, veering between fast and furious and stop start. I thought it would be foggy but luckily it only became misty as we approached home.

I'm very annoyed with my husband at the moment as he has butchered the large Hypericum bushes at the front of the house. I haven't been able to see the damage properly as it was dark when I got home, but I am not very happy. I've just warned him to be careful in bed tonight as I might do some heavy pruning of my own...

To mollify me, we went out to the pub for dinner as they're doing their "buy one main meal and get another free" deal and very good it was too! The pub emptied out as we were having dinner, all the early evening drinkers disappearing so it was lovely and quiet.



Nan gave me a pile of Mills and Boon books as we were leaving and we had a good cackle about them, because most of them, she said, were a bit on the naughty side!! Good on her!!!!

No comments: