Saturday 30 January 2010

Crowds and heat...

Today we went shopping in Milton Keynes. Sophie took two friends with her so at least that spared us going into New Look which I hate...it's like a badly organised jumble sale in there. We had a good day and I bought the presentation box of Talisker whisky in John Lewis that I'd originally seen back in December. I had money for my birthday and I was determined to spend it on me, rather than the house for once. As well as the whisky, I bought a beautiful book on Landscape photography which had been reduced from £25 to £9.99 so that was a bargain!

It's been a lovely day today - lots of sunshine and blue skies, but it was so hot inside the shopping centre! I wore a short sleeved top and my coat, but I was baking which I couldn't stand! Why is the heating turned up so high in the shops? Most people were wearing coats and there's just no need to crank the heating up so high.

However, it was great to spend time with mum and we had a good natter. We went into House of Fraser to have a cup of tea and I asked mum to get me a decaffeinated pot. When she returned and we peered into the teapots, the tea looked a horrible muddy colour. In the cup it looked disgusting and we found out we'd been given green tea...I know it's supposed to be good for you, but it tasted like pond water! Yuk!

I'm hoping the Talisker will taste better...

No comments: