Saturday 2 January 2010

A cold day...


We took all the Christmas decorations down today which was a bit sad. I got into an awful tangle with all the lights and tinsel but a bit of patience worked it out in the end. Looking back over the festive season, it wasn't one of the best, despite a lovely Christmas Day, and I'm just glad and relieved that it's a new month, a new year and a new decade.

I felt like having a good clean out today and did manage to change our bed and put brand new bedding on.

We didn't do much today. It's freezing cold here. I hung about in the garage for a while trying to capture our two bird visitors on the camera but they must have known I was there and disappeared. We have a fat blackbird and an equally portly robin who spend most of the day with us and it would have been lovely to have taken a photo of them, but in the end I settled for a shot of our flowering geranium. It gives me hope that summer is not too far off.

No comments: