Monday 18 January 2010

Lorries!

I arrived at work this morning to find seven or eight huge lorries parked along our road and outside the Nursery, making it difficult for parents to drop off their children. Full of annoyance I logged onto the internet to find out who I could phone to complain but before I could find any details a man appeared in a high-vis jacket full of apologies. He wanted to know whether he could use our car park to store the juggernauts while they were being unloaded. I agreed immediately, all anger gone, and wondered what on earth BACA were ordering!

For the rest of the day they were forgotten but tonight mum called to say he'd been back and tomorrow there would be 28 (yes! 28!!!) of them waiting to be unloaded and could he put them in our car park!! I'm not sure our car park could even accommodate that amount so tomorrow morning will be interesting! Apparently BACA had ordered 1,500 tonnes of salt...do they know something we don't??? Well, at least for the foreseeable future we will be OK if it snows!! There'll be no excuse for our car park to be covered in snow with that lot next door!

At home I lit a fragranced candle and relaxed...Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...


No comments: