Friday 15 January 2010

Wonderful day!

Well, the week did get better today! A lot better! I'm not giving away my age, but it was Birthday time for me today and I was well and truly spoiled! I think today has been one of the best Birthdays ever.



Before I left for work I opened my cards, my bottle of whisky (I didn't drink any) from the wee ones and some lovely candles from Sue and Paul. I do love candles!

At work, there were more cards and then a good friend, Lynda, stopped by to deliver a beautiful bouquet and to have a coffee. While she was there a gorgeous bouquet from mum and dad arrived! The office was beginning to resemble a florist's shop but that was fine with me!

Mum and I went out to the bank and to Jones's and when we got back yet another bouquet (and chocolates) had arrived from a friend on the Tapas Bar! With Stephen's chocolates yesterday this has turned out to be fantastic and even lovelier considering I have never actually met them! We were busy at work but we managed to escape to The Windhover for lunch which was lovely. As well as the flowers, chocolates and readies, I also received several lovely e-cards and texts, so I was doing very well for a Birthday that is not a special number. I think this year has been even better than when I was 40!

We all enjoyed a slice of chocolate Birthday cake in the afternoon and then it was time for home. The weather has remained overcast and grey all day with heavy rain this morning. Most of the snow has now gone which is a shame but it had to go at some point and it's been milder.

So...a lovely day to end a difficult week. The weekend is looming and if the weather is good on Sunday I fancy going somewhere for the day, even if it's just a walk. It would be great to get out into the fresh air and get some exercise. A day in London would be perfect - a walk in Hyde Park followed by a museum. We'll see...





No comments: