Tuesday 10 September 2024

Sweating it out!

After another busy and noisy day at work - the children being back at school has made no difference whatsoever! - I sped home and relaxed until Sophie returned. Keith was going to see Sileby play this evening so Sophie and I were having jerk chicken pasta for dinner. We'd frozen marinated chicken breasts that we were supposed to have had in May when Sophie was ill, and I'd taken them out of the freezer on Sunday night.

Before doing the preparations, we poured ourselves a glass of Viognier and watched an episode of Come Dine With Me, which featured Zimbabwean worms... yuk! I had a funny feeling in my ears this evening, and it had started during the day at work. They felt like I'd got water into them and I did wonder whether it was the sheer amount of noise in our office. There were times when I found it difficult to concentrate on writing the emails as I kept tuning into my colleagues' telephone calls. 

Keith bundled himself up to watch the football as this evening was wet and chilly. Even I felt a little cold so the temperatures must have fallen!

Sophie and I prepared dinner and it was hot and spicy. The meal warmed us up and I think Sophie had beads of sweat on her face! We carried on watching Come Dine With Me and tried to get the cats to come back in and keep us company. They'd run in earlier when it had been pouring and were both soaking wet, but they love being outdoors and we hadn't the heart to say no when they cried at the door! I forget that Monty and Archie were probably the same at their age (cat teenagers) and want to be out as much as they can!

No comments: