Tuesday 24 September 2024

A quieter day!

Amazingly, Sophie was able to drive through Holcot today as the water had subsided. It is properly dark in the mornings now, and we faced another unsettled day of rain and grey skies.

I was busy at work again but at least I had an uneventful journey home tonight, and it took me twenty minutes rather than an hour and a half like it did yesterday!

It was Keith's birthday and he didn't open his presents and cards until Sophie arrived home in the evening. We'd bought him a new winter shirt and a lightweight jacket, which I think he was pleased with! You can never tell with Keith!

We were playing cards in the kitchen when Vikesh popped around with a card and a gift - a big poster celebrating Newcastle United, which he'll frame and put on the wall. That was a lovely touch! We didn't hear from Mike but he's probably in the middle of Vietnam so we'll forgive him!

Sophie showed me a video before dinner of Keir Starmer saying "Return the sausages" rather than hostages, which I thought was hilarious! The way he speaks, with pauses for effect, drives me mad, so it was so funny to hear him make a real goof!


No comments: