Thursday 12 September 2024

Rushing about!

Sophie texted me at 1am to say that she was back in her hotel room and as sober as a judge. Her hangover last week had made her wary of having too much to drink so she'd only indulged in a glass of Prosecco while helping with the dinner. A couple of years ago, she'd hit the bottle and had felt awful the next day while on the company's stand at the exhibition!

Keith took me to work and I met Sara in the car park. I hadn't seen her for over two weeks so it was great to catch up as we walked in. I spent the shift dealing with emails and Keith came to collect me at 2pm. I dropped him off at home and sped over to Kettering to pick up Mum for her nail appointment. Luckily, she was waiting for me in reception!

Natalia's daughter did Mum's nails first and she was lovely and chatty, a huge difference to her Mum who never says anything to us! She chatted about what she was planning to do and was really sweet! Natalia took over and silence descended!

On the way home, I popped into Waitrose to get Mum some toiletries and chocolate, and I won't be doing that again as the items were so expensive! I just didn't have the heart to go into Aldi! I dropped her off and returned home to do the usual evening jobs, before relaxing with a drink on the now-dry sofa with a drink and Michel Roux in Provence. He seems a nice enough chap but I wish he was a bit better looking!

Sophie arrived home at about 6.30pm and was shattered, bless her. She'd had to call into her office to drop off her colleague and unload all the equipment from the Gala Dinner, so her arms ached and she was longing for a glass of wine. We sat at the kitchen island and had a good chat with her, deciding against dinner this evening which was to have been scampi and home-made chips. It was too late to fiddle about with heating up the oil and cooking the chips twice!

No comments: