Sunday 15 September 2024

Birthday celebrations!

We had a busy Sunday morning catching up with housework before getting ready to celebrate my friend Lynda's birthday at lunchtime. She had originally booked a table at the vineyard in Earls Barton, but they couldn't guarantee to seat us undercover, and she was worried about the weather. Instead, she'd booked The White Hart in Hackleton and had ordered nibbles and Prosecco.

Keith drove Sophie and me over to the pub, and we met Lynda and some friends she used to work with. I knew one woman who was at her 60th, ten years ago! The time has flown by!

Gradually, Lynda's other friends arrived, including Andrea and Fiona. There were about twelve of us and the noise level increased as we all started chatting and the fizz flowed! Food was brought out at about 2pm and we all tucked in, enjoying sausage rolls, breaded calamari, scotch eggs, chips, halloumi fingers and chicken goujons. 

I felt a bit guilty about Sophie coming with me, even though Lynda had invited her, as she was very much the youngest woman there! However, she chatted away and seemed to be enjoying herself! She loves to people watch and there were rich opportunities as all the different personalities made themselves known!

After the savoury food, we enjoyed mini desserts and Lynda gave us all a gift bag to take home. We were delighted to discover a pair of socks, a scented candle and body spray. It was a lovely thought and a complete surprise!

Keith collected us at 3.30pm and we arrived home in time for him to see Newcastle play Wolves. Sophie and I retired upstairs for a snooze and to catch up on yesterday's Saturday Morning Kitchen.

Our evening was relaxed and Sophie and Keith ate last night's Chinese for supper. I was content with a slice of fruit cake I'd bought at Farndon Fields, a measure of my favourite malt whisky and Michael Palin travelling from Pole to Pole. The definite highlight of my weekend!


No comments: