Thursday 5 September 2024

A little relaxation...

We had a weather warning out for rain last night, with dire warnings of floods and calamity, but all we received here in Northamptonshire was a light shower. Sophie didn't go to the gym this morning as she had a bad headache last night and felt a bit fragile this morning. She's going through stress at work herself, which is beginning to take its toll.

We sat with a coffee and watched Come Dine With Me, and then my phone rang. It was my Mum saying she didn't feel well enough to attend her ear appointment after all. There was no point making her go so I cancelled the appointment for this afternoon. If she says she can't hear me on the phone again, I'll remind her that we could have solved the problem!

Keith dropped me off at work and went to book the VW for a pre-holiday service in two weeks. My shift passed quickly and I faced about seventy emails to tackle. There was a brief moment when I thought I'd be answering the phone as Sara's daughter took the day off because of her poorly son, but Sue saved the day by coming in, even though she'd booked today off, and delighted me by giving me cheese and biscuits at lunchtime!

Back home, it was great to relax and pootle about. We never received torrents of rain, but it has been windy today, and very Autumnal with leaves flying about like mad.

Keith and I played cards and Sophie cooked the pasta we should have had last night. It was delicious and packed with chicken, vegetables, pancetta and a rich tomato sauce. Sophie halved little crusty rolls and turned them into garlic bread. Scrumptious!

I had a frustrating phone call with my Mum after we'd eaten (she couldn't hear me) so to relax we watched an episode of Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting. It was mesmerising to watch him create a beautiful painting and was very relaxing because of the brush strokes on the canvas and his calming voice! He is the king of ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) where people experience lovely tingles through sounds or movements. I can guarantee watching him will lower your blood pressure!

No comments: