Tuesday 30 January 2024

Worrying news

Unfortunately, Sophie had a disturbed night as Vikesh was ill again and he was taken to hospital again this morning, still having trouble breathing. She didn't go to the gym and before we both got ready for work, we sat and had a coffee and chatted.

Our office was busy and noisy today, and I had plenty to keep me occupied. Sophie texted me halfway through the morning to say that Vikesh was in intensive care and they'd sedated him. This shocked me as I didn't think he was that serious. There was even talk of putting him on a ventilator to try and help him breathe.

When I got home, Sophie asked me to put some things together for him in case she was allowed to visit, but a little later his mum said he was still sedated and no visitors were allowed. I prepared our dinner of chicken and vegetable traybake served with couscous and we were able to relax for half an hour with a drink.

After dinner, we settled down to watch a Netflix documentary about a Russian female skater who'd paired up with an Australian and who, initially, had been a fantastic skater until the pressure of performing had disastrous consequences. 

It was lovely and cosy in the living room as we regularly light our gas fire now, and pretend it's a log burner!

No comments: