Wednesday 24 January 2024

Tedious chores...

I woke up at 5.30am this morning, expecting Sophie to wake me half an hour later before she went to the gym, but I fell asleep again and didn't open my eyes until 9am! Sophie hadn't gone to the gym, and instead, she'd got up and had a peaceful coffee with Mooney. I'm sure there was a lot of tummy time going on! Outside it was still windy and chilly and I really didn't blame her!

After a coffee, I made a start on a list of chores - we needed to sort out the car insurance for the VW, order two new tyres for the car and one for Sophie's little Hyundai, as per the MOT advisories, and contact the auction house in Leicester about the furniture in storage.

The car insurance quote was more than I'd expected, but after contacting our present insurers, they knocked a little off for us, which was a bonus. So, the morning was spent doing tedious, but necessary, chores! While Sophie had lunch, we wrote out the list and decided on dinners for the next few days. I elected to get some shopping for tonight and Sunday when I went to Waitrose in the afternoon with my Mum.

I picked her up at 2pm and we drove over to Kingsthorpe. We sat and had a drink and something to eat and then did our shopping. I said I would buy the difficult-to-find items for the Thai green curry Sophie will cook on Sunday, and I was able to buy lemongrass stems, lime leaves and coconut oil. Tonight's dinner was a minced beef pasta bake so I bought all the ingredients, as well as some nibbles to have with a glass of wine. I am rapidly going through the Cracksters, and Mooney loves them too! I want them to last a bit longer than a couple of weeks!

I popped home to collect Keith, as I like him to come with me when I take my Mum back. The care home manager had returned after maternity leave so I cooed over photos of her baby girl, and Keith and I returned home.

As soon as Sophie finished work she made a start on dinner and soon the kitchen was smelling delicious. We opened a bottle of red wine that Lynda had given me and it was gorgeous:

Extremely moreish, fruity and yummy!


The meal was lovely and there was enough left for lunches. After dinner, Keith and I watched the first episode of the new series of The Tourist. We couldn't remember much about the last series, apart from it being set in Australia and Jamie Dornan losing his memory, but the first hour was good, and gripping!

Mooney-bums


No comments: