Tuesday 2 January 2024

Storm Henk

As expected, getting up at 6am this morning was a shock to the system! Sara was off today so I hoped I'd be off the phones and dealing with emails from the last four days, but when I walked in, Sheila told me that Angela was off sick... so much for my plans! It meant I was back answering the phone, so I was a bit annoyed!

In the afternoon, there was a flurry of excitement when we found out that our local Billing Aquadrome had flooded, and all the residents of the caravan park had to be evacuated. There were plans to house them in our building overnight, which has happened before. Apparently, the flood sirens had been going off all day. It has rained heavily all day today,  but because the ground is saturated, it's made the situation worse.

Back at home in the evening, I was glad I was off tomorrow but I still had a dose of the January blues! When I looked back at my blog from last year, I felt the same! It must be because Christmas is over and it's back to normality. However, we do have our little French break to look forward to!


No comments: