Thursday 4 January 2024

A busy Thursday!

Driving into work this morning, I wondered whether the building would be full of sleeping residents from Billing, but when I arrived the hall was set up for badminton and table tennis as usual. Sheila said that a lot of the residents had left anyway as they had to be off the site in January, but others had found lodgings with friends and family.

As today is my non-contracted day, there was no fear of being roped in to take calls, but it was pretty quiet anyway. The rush to sign up for memberships that traditionally happens every January seems to be missing again this year, as people pull in their belts because of the cost of living. We had a lot of cancellations, in fact, and I wonder if people are determined to try and save some money, rather than splash out on a gym membership that they might not use.

Our company has acquired two new soft play centres - one in Derby and one in Birmingham - and I honestly think this is the way forward for us. I was told that, in the future, they will take the name of the soft play centre we used to run, which we sold back in 2015, and it made me feel very proud that the name (which my Mum came up with after we'd visited a similar place in Berkhamsted) will live on!  

Sara was very quiet today, and it was the first day I'd seen her since Christmas and New Year. I managed to answer all the emails and do some work on the moan report before leaving at 2pm. I sped over to Kettering to collect my Mum and we drove back to Northampton for her nail appointment. Today she chose a beautiful bronze colour for her nails and they matched her outfit!

After the appointment, I took Mum back and then drove home, looking forward to relaxing after my busy day. Keith made me a drink and we played cards in the kitchen while Sophie chatted to us. A lovely, quiet end to a hectic day. It's Friday tomorrow... yippeee!

No comments: