Monday 22 January 2024

Little work niggles!

The wind died down overnight but a new storm is on the horizon - Storm Jocelyn, the tenth of the season! How many more will we have? I was annoyed as, a few years ago, Jane was chosen but we never reached it!

I arrived at work to find my chair had gone missing, and two statements were on my desk as if someone couldn't be bothered to do anything with them and so gave them to me! I also opened an email with one of the managers giving me responsibility for posting a broken item back to Amazon. I said to Sara, I don't helping out, but please don't take the p***! 

I had a busy shift inputting the swim camps for February and the holiday activities that we put on. There weren't that many emails and the phone calls were quiet too.

At home, in the evening, I enjoyed a drink I don't normally have - Brandy and Coke (Fevertree, not Coca-Cola) and it was delicious. Sophie and I watched a new series of A New Life in the Sun and saw more people moving abroad to start a new business. I do admire them and I think some of them are very brave, especially when they don't speak the language!

After dinner tonight Keith and I watched a documentary about the Normandy Landings. A couple of war veterans appeared and spoke about their experiences which was deeply moving. Sophie couldn't bring herself to watch it, bless her, but it was very interesting, especially as we'd been there last week!  


No comments: