Wednesday 31 January 2024

More gardening!

Sophie didn't go to the gym this morning so I could have a lie-in, which was lovely. We had arranged for a mobile tyre fitter to come and fit two new tyres to the VW and one on ET, and he had texted me earlier to say he'd be with us at about 11am. I had woken at 6.30am initially, with a horrible headache, so I had a relaxed start to the day!

At 10am, I drove Sophie to the GP surgery in my car in case the fitter arrived early and she had a blood test to check her thyroid levels. She was in and out in a few minutes, and we returned home to have another coffee.

In the early afternoon, I decided to prune some of the bushes in the gravel garden and weed between the little stones, so Keith came out to help. He cut down several overgrown bushes and I raked up hundreds more leaves and weeded. We managed to fill the wheelie bin again and another box, so we'll have to make a third trip to the tip. It looked so much better when we'd finished and we could see a clear way down to the bottom of the garden. I've decided to break up the love seat at some point in the future as it's covered in green moss, and also our two-seater bench and invest in new seating this year. Hopefully, we'll be able to sit outside at some point and enjoy a glass of wine! It seems such a long way off at the moment. The garden is a mess but I always say that at this time of year! In May it will look a lot better!

As well as doing the garden, we cleared some space in the garage so we could fit all three cars on the driveway. Unfortunately, Keith backed the VW into Paul's garage door last Friday and, although it wasn't badly damaged, Paul had arranged for someone to come out and look at it, at a cost of £115 (if it doesn't need any parts). Not knowing how much it's going to cost is a worry, so we've decided to keep the car on our drive instead in the future. We can do it, with the nose of the VW inside the garage and I wish we'd done this before!

Sophie was in a quandary about going to see Vikesh this evening, but as he was still sedated and was on a ventilator, I didn't think it would be a good idea for her to see him like that. She eventually agreed with me, but said she felt guilty. I said it would be better to see him when he was awake, and fervently hoped that she'd be able to go tomorrow.

We were late doing the shopping list today, one of the most hated chores! We decided on something easy for tomorrow evening, just in case we were able to visit Vikesh. I have a feeling that he's going to take a fair while to recover from this and hospital-visiting may take precedence over the next few days!

No comments: