Sunday 7 January 2024

Cuddles with the cats

I was up early this morning and watched the rest of Great Expectations with a coffee and Mooney on my lap first, and then Gomez. What a great start to the day!

Sophie and I popped to Tesco at 10am as she wanted to make up a little care package for Vikesh. She also needed to post an item of clothing she'd sold on Vinted, which was good news. This website seems more popular for clothes than eBay.

We did what we needed to do in Tesco, popped to Broughton to send the parcel and took the scenic route home for a change. The countryside is still a mix of greens, browns and greys and I would love to see some snow, but maybe after we come back!

Back home, Sophie got ready to go over to see Vikesh and have lunch with his family, and I pootled about catching up with chores I hadn't managed to do yesterday. I left my family tree well alone! I didn't want more frustration!

I haven't even thought about packing for next week, and the weather forecast looks like will be cold, with temperatures hovering around 0c. Brrrr! We must make sure we take warm boots, coats, scarves and hats!

Sophie came home at about 4.30pm and we played cards in the kitchen. She beat me soundly as she always seems to do when we play cards! I drank a couple of glasses of Sherry, and we talked again about France and what we planned to do.

Keith had cooked roast beef this evening and although it was a bit later coming to the table, the meal was delicious. After dinner, we tuned into a new show on Amazon Prime - James May in India, which I thoroughly enjoyed!

No comments: