Monday 8 January 2024

A chilly awakening

It was a cold morning and I put the heating on when I got up with Sophie. As I don't normally do this, preferring to try and put up with it, it must have meant that the temperatures had dropped!

Work was fine and the phones were slightly busier, so I jumped on and helped out whenever there were four or more calls in the queue. We are starting to get some complicated calls at the moment, usually to do with memberships, and it seems to be the time of year prompting them, with people trying to get their financial affairs in better order!

When we emerged into the late afternoon we saw little flurries of snow! I drove to Brixworth to send another parcel off for Sophie, and took it easy on the bends on the way home as I didn't want to end up in a ditch!

Tonight was bubble and squeak for dinner and cold roast beef left over from yesterday. We watched more of James May in India and it was wonderful to see the bright colours and sunshine!

No comments: