Tuesday 23 January 2024

Storm Jocelyn

Storm Jocelyn affected the UK today, with the wind getting stronger in the afternoon. I had a meeting with one of the managers after work about salary and breaks so I was late getting home. By the time I arrived, it was pouring with rain. It's very unusual to have two storms so close together and vast swathes of the UK were affected by power cuts. 

It was lovely to get home, make sure the cats were in and make the house cosy. We watched more of A New Life in the Sun and enjoyed dinner of bangers and mash served with Yorkshire puddings. A perfect meal for such a stormy, wild night!

I think the wind this evening was worse than on Sunday night. I can't wait to have the windows replaced in early February as the draught coming through them was horrendous!


No comments: