Tuesday 9 January 2024

A quiet Tuesday

Today has been another quiet, uneventful day and I helped out with the phones at work, in between dealing with emails. One customer wrote to us to say he'd been paying roughly double what he should have been for over four years, and we deduced that he'd taken the membership out before they were computerised! We were hoping his original paperwork would be in an archive in one of the centres, and that someone would take a look tomorrow. That's the sort of thing I'd love to get involved in!

It's been another cold day with a nasty north-easterly wind making it feel even colder. Back at home, I pootled about and Sophie and I sat and watched the last episode of James May in India. I said to Sophie I'd love to watch every single Academy Award-winning film, starting right at the beginning, so she did a quick search and discovered that the first, in 1928, was Wings, a silent film!  I was looking for something to keep me interested throughout the rest of the winter, and that sounds perfect!

Sophie told me this evening that she's not going to the gym in the morning as she's working from home, and has an appointment at the surgery at 10am. Yippee! That means I can have a lie-in!

No comments: