Monday 1 January 2024

A New Year starts!

Today has been a tranquil start to the New Year, with very little going on. We decided not to go anywhere as we'd been in London last Friday, and we're off to France in two weeks. The weather wasn't brilliant and there are warnings out for heavy rain tomorrow as another storm - Henk - hits us!

Keith ventured out to do some shopping this morning, while I stayed at home and pottered about, catching up with some jobs and resisting the urge to take down the decorations. Of course, it felt very much like a Sunday all day!

Sophie went to Vikesh's house at lunchtime, and my afternoon carried on being quiet and uneventful. I did manage to have a long soak in the bath and chopped up some vegetables and chicken breasts for tonight's paella. The dry weather gave way to torrential rain in the evening and we have flood warnings out for this area, as the rain is already falling on saturated ground.

Sophie and I opened a bottle of red wine in the evening to go with the paella, which was delicious. I felt like I had the January blues this evening as we faced a return to work tomorrow after ten days of being off. All good things have to come to an end, I suppose! It was a great break but it was all over so quickly!


No comments: