Wednesday 10 January 2024

A busy day!

I certainly did have a lie-in this morning, waking up at 9am! It was great, but it was far later than I'd intended!

I went to the surgery with Sophie at 10am and it was a cold, clear day with plenty of sunshine and a frost. Sophie saw the nurse again and will stay on the antihistamines with the occasional use of the inhaler to manage her allergy. I still can't believe she's allergic to the cats after all those years of having Archie and Monty!

Back home, I had coffee and toast for breakfast and did as much housework as possible before I had to go and see my Mum. Vikesh came over to help Sophie with her new phone - last night she'd had trouble transferring everything over from her old phone so was getting frustrated! He brought me over a birthday present, bless him!

I collected Mum at 2pm and we whizzed over to Tesco. I dropped the VW off at the car wash as it was dirty, inside and out, and I didn't want to take it to France like that! For £30 they do an excellent job!

Mum and I enjoyed a coffee and a chat, we did some shopping, and I picked up the gleaming Golf. What a difference! I took Mum back and discovered that the new spectacles I'd ordered for her and my Dad had arrived while we were out. I'd had a voicemail message but why couldn't they have told me earlier in the week and then I'd have made sure she was there!

I sped home to find Vikesh still with Sophie and the new phone up and running. Phew! She'd had to delete some apps to get all the information transferred over, but it was now all sorted. 

Dinner tonight was a very easy "breakfast" that we all enjoy - bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and crusty bread. It was delicious. I suggested to Sophie that we watch Wings from 1928 and it was the weirdest experience, as there was no talking at all, just words appearing on the screen and constant music. The actors looked so young and at first, it was hard to believe that the film was almost 100 years old. I kept thinking it was modern actors pretending to be old!

The film is about two men who both love the same woman and go off to fight as pilots in World War I. For such an old film, it was brilliant, but it's over two hours long, so we'll watch the second half tomorrow!


No comments: