Sunday 30 April 2023

Just pootling on a Sunday!

I slept for another ten hours last night so I think I've definitely caught up with any sleep deficit I had! Sophie was going away with Vikesh for a couple of nights so Keith and I took her over to his house at lunchtime and came back to pootle about for an hour before I went to collect my Mum and take her shopping.

We went to Tesco at Kettering and I took my car to Waves to have it fully cleaned, inside and out. It was filthy and I was ashamed of it! Mum and I went to have a coffee and a chat before doing a little shopping. When we went back outside to pick up the car I was delighted with the results, as usual! I could never do such a good job (well, maybe I could, but it would take me hours!).

I dropped Mum back, said hello to Dad, and then returned home where I read the Sunday papers before going upstairs to watch Doc Martin for an hour. I am hooked on this now, and don't know why I never watched it when it first came out! It's just a gentle, funny show and I love it!

Keith had cooked beef steaks in a gravy served with mashed potatoes and lots of vegetables for dinner, which was delicious. After we'd eaten we watched a recorded episode of the 1% Club and we didn't do so well this evening! The final question, when the answer was revealed, was so simple!

No comments: