Thursday 13 April 2023

A busy Thursday

Today has been very busy - I was in at work at 8am and doing my admin jobs. I managed to finish the moan report, which is one less thing I have to worry about, and I answered a load of cancellation emails before leaving at 2pm. It seems to be a little quieter now, thank goodness, and tomorrow is the last day of the Easter holidays.

At 2pm I sped off to the care home to collect Mum, and we drove back to Northampton to get her nails done. I sat and read my Kindle while she was in the chair and at 4.30pm we dashed back to Kettering. Phew! I was glad to get home at 5pm and relax!

Keith was out again this evening to watch Sileby so Sophie and I enjoyed a delicious bowl of meatballs and pasta served with garlic bread. As we were watching Race Across The World after dinner, he texted me to say that one of the football players from the opposing team of Ampthill had broken his leg. He was in agony and the ambulance couldn't get to him for six hours... How terrible!

The game was called off, naturally, so Keith came home early. Just before he arrived, I went out to feed the hedgehogs and spotted one with his bottom sticking out from under our gate. I think he had frozen when he heard me approaching, so now we know for sure how they're getting into the garden. I suggested leaving the gate ajar for them or cutting a hole in the bottom but Keith said they had coped just fine up until now, which was true, I suppose!

Keith was a bit shaken up by the football player breaking his leg and tried to find out some more information, to no avail. I just shuddered to think of him lying on a wet football pitch for so long. I'm glad it wasn't my son!

No comments: