Saturday 29 April 2023

Bingo and curry.

I slept for ten and a half hours last night! I'm obviously catching up on the sleep I've lost over the last week! 

Sophie went to the gym this morning to take part in a yoga class and I cleaned the downstairs of the house and sorted out the laundry. I felt a bit "holiday-bluish" today, something I knew would kick in sooner or later!

In the afternoon, Sophie and I drove over to Farndon Fields and had lunch in the restaurant. I chose a tuna melt panini while Sophie chose a chicken, mozzarella and tomato version. The restaurant was pleasantly busy and after we'd eaten we bought some treats in the shop and returned home. 

Unbelievably, I fell asleep again when we got home, and I think it may be down to an antihistamine tablet I took earlier today to combat a skin allergy! Sophie couldn't believe I'd slept for so long and I wasn't that pleased about it to be honest!

In the evening we'd bought tickets for the Bingo and Curry night at the pub and Keith gave us a lift there. We picked up Lynn on the way and sat at a table with her, another man from our estate and friends of Lynn's from the village. We didn't have much luck this evening even though several people at our table won goodies with either a line or a full house!

Our friend Sonal had cooked a delicious curry to eat halfway through the evening served with rice and mini poppadoms and the meal was delicious as her cooking always is. We followed this up with a slice of chocolate brownie and had a great evening raising money for our local Homestart charity.

Keith kindly returned at 10pm to collect us and then it was home to bed!

No comments: