Tuesday 11 April 2023

A busy day at work

Urggh! It was horrible getting up at 6am, and cold, so I went back to bed for half an hour after I'd seen Sophie off to the gym!

Work was busy again today and we took over 200 calls between the three of us. Again, it was a lot of swimming and cinema bookings, and all of us were mightily relieved when it was 4pm and we could go home. I will be glad when this week is over!

The weather has been a bit wild and woolly today with strong winds and driving rain. Keith went to see Sileby play this evening and I told him to wrap up as it was cold. We put the heating on, made the house all cosy, and popped some potatoes in the oven to eat with Keith's chilli.

While they were cooking, we watched a very interesting documentary on the disappearance of Malaysian flight MH370 in March 2014. I remembered it very well, and how terrible it was that nothing really conclusive has been discovered about the incident.

We watched two episodes and then Masterchef was on. There was more crying (three contestants blubbing at one point) and one woman constantly mentioned that she'd visited fifty countries and had drawn inspiration from all of them...! The food critic tonight was one of our favourites, William Sitwell, and both Sophie and I agreed it would be great to spend a day with him in London eating our way around the capital!

Keith arrived home shortly before 10pm looking shell-shocked because of the weather. He thought I was being dramatic when I said how cold it was, but he soon realised I meant it!


No comments: