Friday 14 April 2023

Road closed!

I was extremely glad today was Friday (as I am every week) and my shift flew by. We had problems with our pool today and at one point I was told it was a lovely shade of green! That meant, that in the afternoon after they'd tried everything to get the pH levels correct, we had to call parents to cancel lessons. Luckily, the parents were fine about it as it's rare we cancel lessons at our centre!

I left at 4pm but had to go a different way home as a small section of road in Walgrave is closed for ten days... It's a real pain as the diversion route is so long! I was very annoyed! I made the decision to go via Moulton Park and out towards Brixworth - the alternative was along the dreaded A43 which is a horrible road! 

Sophie took the same route as me and arrived home at 5.30pm so not too bad. At least she didn't have to contend with the queues on the A43 up to Holcot! Keith decided, sensibly, not to go to the pub so he stayed at home and was an honorary member of the Girls' Wine Night. We cracked open a bottle of Picpoul de Pinet and watched the last episode of the documentary about Flight MH370. Nobody still has any idea of what really happened and although there are countless conspiracy theories, I wonder if we'll ever find out?

After dinner, we watched Masterchef and added a few more points to the culinary words and terms. One contestant foolishly made a chocolate fondant for dessert; as usual, there was no gorgeous oozing inside. She got away with though and made it the Knockout Week!

No comments: